Sunday, January 4, 2009

Lima to Cuzco, Peru

Made it to Cuzco safely! Although, there were a few delays at the airport. Weather was crap so all flights were pushed back about 5 hours. It was lucky for me I arrived early enough to the airport before my flight that Star PERU put me on the earlier flight which ended up taking off about an hour after my original one. So not much of a delay for me.
There was a guy on my flight that was staying at my hostel in Lima. We hung out at the airport listening to an American tour group complain about how they will be missing out on Machu Pichu. They were flying with a different airline that cancelled all flights today. About 15 minutes after they left, it was announced that my flight was going to be boarding in 10 minutes.
Shared a cab from the airport to downtown Cuzco with a few Brits: Ben, an English guy who has a very similar route planned for South America and another guy whose name I can´t remember at the moment. We are all staying at different hostels but plan on meeting up this afternoon at the main square for some lunch and a couple drinks.

So my Spanish classes finished on Friday. Learnt a lot of grammer and conjugation but not a lot of useful vocabulary at this point. I think it will benefit me more once I expand my vocab. There were two of us in the class, myself and Terry. I was invited over to his place on Friday for dinner. His wife made a fantastic meal and we enjoyed some pretty amazing views from their penthouse suit over downtown Lima. Thanks Terry and Norma!

No comments: