Friday, October 30, 2009

From Oct 15, 2009

So, this post was written down in my journal back on Oct 15.

One month until I return home to Calgary. Am I looking forward to it? In some ways, yes. Am I wanting to continue my world adventures? Of course! However, i think my mind and body are ready to call it a successful life experience. Is t a 'once in a life time experience'? not a chance!

Arriving in New Zealand I first thought "Where can I find a chemist?!?!" I caught a bug back in Australia that had me stuck at Mitch's place for a couple days. All I wanted to do was take drugs and have a hot cup of tea! But...I wanted to make the most of my short time in NZ so i decided to suck it up and wander around Christchurch. It helped that it was blue sky and warm! So, I threw on some shorts since they hadn't been used in quite some time.
Christchurch - a very British city. Union Jacks flying on numerous flagpoles. I made my way around town (including a chemist shop), did a few touristy things and made it back to the hostel for a good night sleep. The next morning I planned to plan for the rest of my trip on the south island, booked a rental car, booked a flight to Wellington for the 30 of Oct, grabbed some more cash (in other words, begged on the corner for a few hours) and bought some warm clothing since my waredrobe (aka. backpack) consisted of shorts and t-shirts. So all in all, it was a very productive day! YAH!
I picked up my car at 8am the next morning in search of Gollum...will I find him...time will tell! My thoughts: If I had not seen the 3rd movie, would Gollum still be alive? I was about to find out!

No comments: