Saturday, May 2, 2009

5 months complete - 7 to go

It's hard to imagine that I have been traveling for 5 months already. But when I sit down and think about everything I have done and all the cool places I have visited - 5 months seems right.

In London, England at the moment. Hanging out with Elvira - a friend that I made in South Africa. She invited me to stay with her while I'm visiting the city. Today we walked around the city...saw Big Ben, The Globe Theatre and the River Thames. We had a really good lunch overlooking the river. Walked to Covent Gardens Market and watched some street performers for a little while. Made our way back to the house and now we are just gonna get ready to head out for the evening. Plan is to hit up a pub for a couple drinks and dinner.

I did the touristy thing the other day on my own as well. Threw on the iPod, visitied Buckingham Palace, Piccadilly...just wandered really. Felt like Frodo Baggins - but with an iPod, Starbucks coffee and umbrealla. Don't think any of those appeared in the movie. Would have been a little odd if you saw Sam Wise wearing the white earphones listening to Britney on his way to Mordor!

Yesterday I did a bunch of nothing. Well, booked my flights to Scotland and Ireland. I'm flying to Edinburgh on Tuesday. Spending a few days there and then making my way to Ireland for a couple days. I got a flight back to London for May 11. Hopefully I will be able to stay with my Uncle and Aunt who live in Kent (south of London). If it doesn't work out, I'll catch a flight to somewhere in Eastern Europe. Might do rock paper scissors with myself to figure out where I want to go - Austria, Poland, Croatia...not sure yet. I just have to be in Athens, Greece for May 16 to meet my sister. My mum and Kristina join us on the 19th in Athens.

1 comment:

Oilerguy said...

Britney? Yikes, I think your time away has affected your music tastes...