Sunday, February 8, 2009

Bye bye luxury

No more 5 star luxury living for me for a while! Although, I did enjoy another night on my own at the Sheraton, curtesy of my dad. Thanks!!! Paps and Uncle Garry left the hot climate of Argentina to return to the cold Canadian winter. I took a taxi to see them off at the airport. We figured there would be enough time to sit down, have a beer for an hour or so before they would have to head through security and customs. However, the one hour cue at the Air Canada ticket counter, waiting in line to pay departure tax, waiting in line to find out that they will get not tax back on goods purchased in Argentina...AND the one hour cue to get through security made for a quick goodbye after confirming seats on the flight.

Highlights during their visit (for me):

1. Speeding up the Devil´s Throat on the water at the Igauzú Falls, getting absolutely drenched!
2. Argentinian Tango show and dinner at the Piazzolla Theatre
3. Endulgining in steak every single day, for 10 days straight! mmmm....beef
4. Playing numerous games of cards with the 2 old farts, and only winning one game!
5. Having family visit for 10 days after being on my own for 2 months.

I just booked a boat/bus trip using Buquebus to Punta Del Este, Uruguay. I have a quick stopover in Montevideo (the capital city) and then heading to the beach!! I booked a few nights at Rogers House Hostel. The plan is to hang out in Uruguay until February 12 when I will catch a flight to Sao Paulo, Brazil.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

It sounds like you all had a great time! I know your Dad & Garry did!!

Anonymous said...

shawn

had a great time. mom said you needed a little beef. that is you lost some weight. the old farts are slow but we still win a few games. there where a lot of highlights of the trip. agree that that boat trip was on top.
keep sending the emails and telephone calls.



love dad